March 9, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 1:15 PM by Marcia Theusch, acting for President Jim Dieringer, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Nine Friends and Members attended.
The minutes of the March 10, 2012 Annual Meeting were noted and approved (Ann Enright/Dan Plzak)
Treasurer’s Report: Marcia Theusch reported in the absence of Fred Middendorf. See attached report: FHS 2012 Income and Expense Report. Total income: $5,653.68; Total expenses: $6,935.88. Theusch also mentioned the generous $5,000 donation from the estate of Mary Secor. Approved: (Lickel/Enright)
Theusch mentioned the archiving work being done on Saturdays, and explained what the committee does
Summary of accomplishments of 2011
· Annual Meeting last year featured Monette Bebow-Reinhold of the Manitowoc Civil War Roundtable re-enactment the life of a provost guard
· Our bookmark, #13 showcased the Lakes of Farmington
· Memorial Day event featured the music of war time America
· Celebration of the (near) completion of the Orchard Grove Cemetery restoration
1. Memorial Day 2012 – May 27 – Theusch asked for suggestions
2. The summer program will be held at Boltonville Pond, scheduled for June 23
3. The new book mark, #14, is available; the history of Boltonville Pond
4. Elections: MSP to accept Ann Enright as a new board member, and to allow the board to appoint a nominee to fill the other vacant position (Lickel/Wendel)
Discussion from the Floor: Ann Enright asked if FHS has plans for a fundraiser. Carl Plaum mentioned that he’d participated in the Honor Flight in the fall of 2012
The meeting was adjourned at 1:35 PM. Our next annual meeting will be held on Saturday, March 8, 2014.
Program: Updated Power Point of the restoration of Orchard Grove Cemetery
March 10, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 1:05 PM by President Jim Dieringer, followed by a moment of silence and the Pledge. 18 Friends and Members attended.
The minutes of the March 12, 2011 Annual Meeting were noted and approved (Lickel/Theusch)
Treasurer’s Report: Marcia Theusch reported in the absence of Fred Middendorf. See attached report, Financial Report 1/1/2011 – 12/31/2011. Expenses: $2.072.89; income: $2,579.74. Cash balance as of 12/31/2011 in CD and bank: $15,049.48. Approved: (Plzak/Kenney)
Summary of accomplishments of 2011
· Annual Meeting last year featured "Women Who Made History" by Jo McReynolds-Blochowiak
· Our bookmark, #12, honored the 150th anniversary of the Civil War
· Memorial Day event featured skits and raised over $200 for Jerry Jerome
· Ongoing Cemetery restoration – see photos
· We hosted the Washington County HS at St. Martin’s Church in July
· Board member Gene Kenney was voted one of Washington County’s most admirable senior citizens
· We moved into and began working in the Town Hall History Room
b. New Bookmark is available: #13 Lakes of Farmington
c. Memorial Day 2012 – May 28 music at Turner Hall
d. The annual Council for Local History and Preservation Society convention will be held in Madison on September 28 & 29
e. Any WHS workshops – FHS sponsors half of the cost of FHS members
Discussion from the Floor: Ellen Kesting asked for pictures and stories from anyone about Boltonville Pond for 2013 FHS Program. Norbie Dettmann has many stories. Kerry Fay mentioned a picture in the BFD historical booklet.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:20 PM. Our next annual meeting will be held on Saturday, March 9, 2013.
Program: Monette Bebow-Reinhold of the Manitowoc Civil War Roundtable re-enacted the life of a provost guard. Q & A afterward.